Sunday, February 17, 2013

Making Pre-Made Bingo Boards

Who doesn't love Bingo?  My students love anything Bingo, and it's a game that we play about once a month.  One thing I don't like about most Bingo games is having students make their boards by randomly writing the answers in the spaces.  I think it's a waste of time, they mess it up and ask for another one, and overall it just goes a whole lot better if I just make them ahead of time!  Since I do these so often, I have it down to a mad science.  Here's what you need:

1) Create a template with 30 5x5 boards.  Letter the first one in order (A-Y), then randomly scramble the rest of the boards with the letters.  I put a "Z" at the top that will eventually become my title to the game.  My template took me some time to create, mainly because I had to individually type in the letters, and I'm just super picky with making it look perfect!  Here is what my template looks like:




You can create your own, if you'd like to save some time, you can check out mine here!

2) Now, I am going to use my Pythagorean Theorem game example to show how I turned these letters into the answers.  Click "Replace" in the upper right corner.   In the "Find what" field, type in 'A', then type your answer to your first game question, for example the answer to my first question of my Pythagorean Theorem game is 8.9, so I typed 8.9 into the "Replace with" field.  Then click "Replace All"


Microsoft Word will tell you that it made 30 replacements.  So all A's are now 8.9.  Click Ok.
  
3)  Do the same process for B through Y. 




 4)  Now for the game title.  Just do the same process with the "Replace" function.  Replace "Z" with the name of your game, in my case "Pythagorean Theorem Bingo!"

Then you are done!  You now have 30 individual boards to play bingo! 
The final product will look like this:



9 comments:

  1. I found your blog through Adventures in Room 129's great giveaway! I am your newest follower!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Gina! I just found your blog through Fifth in the Middle's linky by state. I teach elementary reading outside of Richmond, but I love to find other Virginia blogs. I also host a facebook page for VA bloggers to connect. Stop by sometime!

    Don't Let the Teacher Stay Up Late

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! I was just in Richmond on Tuesday for a conference on TEI questions! I'll definitely stop by your facebook page :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome. Thanks for posting this. I'm a new follower. I found you through Caffeine and Lesson Plans.

    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete